Monday, December 21, 2020

Akasha's Senior Session

 Sooo many emotions with this post. Our oldest turned 18 today, and while we are so proud of her and excited for her new adventures in life, we also are aware of this deep ache knowing she is going on this new adventure on her own. I don't know if at any age in life you can ever be fully prepared for your fledglings to leave the nest. Wondering what kind of choices they'll make, if they'll be safe, if they'll be brave enough to ask for help if they need it. And yet this relationship between us will continue to evolve, from parent / child to friends. Trusting God to lead her. Celebrating her successes and encouraging her to get up after her failures. 

Akasha, the girl who first made me a mom. I love being your bonus mom. You have grown into such a beautiful young woman. You outgrew me by the time you were in 6th grade, but I never minded looking up to you to give you a hug. Your snarky teenage comments make me giggle out loud. Stubborn to a fault. You are one of the most genuinely generous people I know, not expecting anything in return. Your dreams and ambitions are beautiful and full of vibrant possibilities - don't give up. I hope you grow to know your incredible worth and the way God has gifted you. We are looking forward to seeing those come to life.

We love you, Happy 18th Birthday sweetheart!





















0 comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGNED WITH LOVE BY BDD